The Kingwood Center is a historic 47-acre (190,000 m2) site with a house, gardens and greenhouses, located at 900 Park Avenue West in Mansfield, Ohio.
Mr. Charles Kelley King began making his fortune when he was hired by the Ohio Brass Company as the its first electrical engineer in 1893. Hired as the company's first electrical engineer in 1893, he led Ohio Brass into new ventures, particularly the manufacture of electrical fittings for railroads and trolleys. Mr. King was responsible for much of the company's success and he eventually became President and Chairman of the Board of Ohio Brass. Mr. King was married and divorced twice, and had no children. The house and grounds were built in 1926 for Mr. and Mrs. Charles Kelley King, with grounds designed by Cleveland landscape architecture firm Pitkin and Mott. One year after his death in 1952, the 47-acre estate opened as a public garden to a private foundation that continues to operate Kingwood Center today.
On November 7, 1976, it was added to the National Register of Historic Places.(Wikipedia)