Fort Boreman is a historic archaeological site encompassing a Civil War fortification located near Parkersburg, Wood County, West Virginia. It was built in 1863, by Company A of the 11th West Virginia Volunteer Infantry Regiment. It is a series of paired, approximately four foot deep trenches encircling the top of the hill in a zigzag pattern. It was originally built to ensure that the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad link between Wheeling and Parkersburg was not severed or commandeered by the Confederate army.
It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2002.(Wikipedia)