The Tamaqua Railroad Station is a historic railroad station located at Tamaqua, Schuylkill County, Pennsylvania. It was originally constructed by the Philadelphia and Reading Railroad in 1874, which had earlier acquired the Little Schuylkill Navigation Railroad and Coal Company. It is a one-story, brick building in the Italianate style. An addition was made to the original 1874 building in 1880, giving it a "T-plan." In 1885, a freight house was added.
The station ceased train operations in 1961 and was formally abandoned in 1981.
In 1984, it was proposed to turn the building into a museum.
It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places on December 26, 1985. It is located in the Tamaqua Historic District.
Following a $1.5 million restoration, the building was reopened in 2004 as a heritage center.(Wikipedia)