The John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge at Tinicum is a 1000 acre (4.05 km2) National Wildlife Refuge spanning Philadelphia and Delaware counties in Pennsylvania. Located in Tinicum Township, the refuge is adjacent to the Philadelphia International Airport. Established in 1972 as the Tinicum National Environmental Center, it was renamed in 1991 after the late H. John Heinz III who had helped preserve Tinicum Marsh.
The refuge serves to protect the largest remaining freshwater tidal marsh in Pennsylvania; approximately 350 acres (0.8 km2). When land acquisition is complete, the refuge will consist of 1200 acres (4.9 km2) of varied habitats.(Wikipedia)
"John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge at Tinicum"