Brandywine Park is the first city park established by the city of Wilmington, Delaware. It is located on the banks of Brandywine Creek, between Augustine Road and North Market Street. The park was established in 1886, and was designed by Samuel Canby, the city's parks commissioner, in consultation with Frederick Law Olmsted. Although initially laid out as a bucolic park with winding paths and roadways, it has since expanded to include active recreation facilities.
The park was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1976. It is a unit of Delaware's Wilmington State Parks.(Wikipedia)