Curtis Island, once known as either Negro or Nigger Island, is an island located in the exterior of Camden Harbor, in Camden, Maine. The island was renamed Curtis in 1934 after Cyrus H. K. Curtis, publisher of the Saturday Evening Post, a long time resident and benefactor of Camden.
There is a lighthouse and caretaker's house on the southwestern point of the island. There are two paths around either side of the island and one open grassy path down the middle. The island light is depicted in the Fitz Henry Lane painting Lighthouse at Camden, Maine.(Wikipedia)