Congress House is the headquarters of the Trades Union Congress (TUC), a British organisation that represents most of the UK's trade unions.
In 1948, David du Roi Aberdeen won an architectural competition to design the new TUC headquarters building in Great Russell Street, London. Staff began to move into the offices in 1956 and the building was officially opened in 1958. The building is Grade II* listed.
Congress House was officially opened on 27 March 1958 along with the unveiling of the sculpture by Jacob Epstein, intended as a memorial to the dead trade unionists of both world wars, in the courtyard.
Congress House was one of the earliest post-war buildings to be listed at Grade II*, in 1988.(Wikipedia)