The Philtower Building is a landmark of Tulsa, Oklahoma located at 427 S Boston. The building, which was completed in 1928, is an example of neo-gothic and art deco architecture. It was designed by Edward Buehler Delk and financed by renowned oilman and dedicated philanthropist Waite Phillips (1883–1964). It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1979. It was included in the Oil Capital Historic District on December 13, 2010.
In 1941, Phillips deeded the Philtower Building to the Boy Scouts of America (BSA), along with most of his Philmont Ranch and Villa Philmonte. The income from the building was used to help support Philmont. In 1977, the BSA sold the Building to a group of local investors. This group, The Philtower LLC, is the current owner.
According to the Tulsa Preservation Commission, the building represents the Gothic Revival architecture style. A notable feature is the illuminated, sloping tiled roof. The office on the 21st floor that was used by Waite Phillips has been preserved.
Originally built as a high-rise office building, floors 12-20 were converted to loft apartments in 2004, making the Philtower Tulsa's first mixed use high-rise. The building has 24 floors and is 323 feet tall.
Associated architects Keene & Simpson performed architectural supervision in the construction of the building.(Wikipedia)