The Gonzales County Courthouse is located in Gonzales in the U.S. state of Texas. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in Gonzales County, Texas in 1972. It was designated a Recorded Texas Historic Landmark in 1966.
The courthouse was built in 1896 and is the second building to serve as the county courthouse. The first Gonzales courthouse burned on December 3, 1893. The current three-story building, designed J. Riely Gordon in Romanesque Revival style with eclectic details, was built with red brick and a white limestone trim. The brick came from St. Louis, MO and the limestone was cut from a nearby quarry owned by Firmin Maurin who in 1895 was hired as superintendent for construction of the courthouse. The contract was let on June 26, 1894 and the courthouse was completed on April 8, 1896. The structure cost $64,450. The building was extensively repaired in 1958 including receiving a new roof. The building received historic restoration in 1997.(Wikipedia)