Baltiysk (Russian: Балти́йск), prior to 1946 known by its German name Pillau (Polish: Piława; Lithuanian: Piliava), is a seaport town and the administrative center of Baltiysky District in Kaliningrad Oblast, Russia, located on the northern part of the Vistula Spit, on the shore of the Strait of Baltiysk separating the Vistula Lagoon from the Gdańsk Bay. Baltiysk is the westernmost town of Russia. Population: 32,697 (2010 Census); 33,252 (2002 Census); 27,070 (1989 Census).
The town is a major naval base of the Baltic Fleet and a ferry port on the route to St. Petersburg.(Wikipedia)