Lija (Maltese: Ħal Lija) is a small village in the Central Region of Malta. It forms part of the Three villages of Malta, along with Attard and Balzan. Lija has a baroque parish church and seven other small chapels. The parish church is dedicated to Our Saviour and is currently undergoing an extensive restoration project in order to save priceless art work and Calì paintings that are found surrounding the church's ceilings. Lija became a parish in 1594, after the small community detached itself from the neighbouring town, Birkirkara. It has a population of 3,070 as of March 2014.