La Brigue (Italian: Briga Marittima) is a commune in the Alpes-Maritimes department in southeastern France.
La Brigue became part of France after World War II, when Italy was forced to hand it over in September 1947 under the terms of the 1947 Peace of Paris. Before the hand over, it was part of the Province of Cuneo. The transfer, which was not unopposed in the village, was retrospectively endorsed by a local plebiscite which took place on 12 October 1947 and was subject to international supervision.(Wikipedia)